Hart Electric Membership Corporation has full-time positions available for the following:
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES
Benefit Package Includes:
Defined Benefit Retirement – Health Insurance – Life Insurance
401(k) – Paid Holidays – Paid Vacation – Paid Sick Leave
Pay commensurate with experience.
Any person interested in applying for this position may pick up an application at the Hartwell Office at 1071 Elberton Hwy, Hartwell, Ga or the Toccoa Office at 1058 US Hwy 123, Toccoa, Ga, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Deadline for applications is 4:00 pm on Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
All applications must be returned by the applicant at either office.
EOE-M/F/D/V. Drug-Free Workplace.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide prompt and courteous customer service while responding to requests for information and assistance regarding all HEMC programs and products, process applications for new and additional service, generating any and all service orders to complete any service provided by HEMC, and a large variety of customer service related issues.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires High School Graduate/Equivalent. Prefer the successful completion of a two-year business degree. Requires a minimum of one-year general office experience (clerical and administrative) including but not limited to interacting with the public and handling cash. Prefer previous call center participation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Requires flexibility skills for interacting with member’s needs. Requires flexibility to work varying hours. Requires ability to develop knowledge of Hart EMC’s policies and procedures. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated computer skills in Excel and Microsoft Word.
DRIVER’S LICENSE, EMPLOYMENT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION, DRUG SCREEN:
Requires the ability to have and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license; to successfully pass Hart EMC’s employment entrance examination and drug screen.
General office environment; requires flexibility to be available during emergency situations. Requires the physical ability in stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, crawling, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, defined light work.
Internal: Two-way communication with immediate supervisor on job related approvals, instructions and work progress.
External: Demonstrates an awareness that the job exists to effectively serve each and every member, and at every opportunity to achieve increased member and public understanding for support of the Cooperative.
HART ELECTRIC MEMBERSHIP CORPORATION
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The following are the essential duties of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Hart EMC. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
The Customer Service Representative:
1. Answers all incoming calls; responds to complaints and inquiries for information regarding programs and marketing products; creates service orders for all ancillary accounts, outages, service problems, etc. and routes these service orders to the appropriate department for field service response.
2. Rotates to satellite office as needed to substitute for CSRs on vacation or sick leave.
3. In addition to ability to function in the Call Center (Refer to #1), must have the ability to perform all satellite office procedure and cashier functions – i.e. posting of payments, receiving and processing credit card payments, knowledge of proper radio contact with field personnel.
4. Balances cash drawer, error free, in accordance with directions; ensures working cash is secured in the vault at the end of each working day.
5. Accurately prepares transmittal sheets and notifies appropriate personnel of daily totals.
6. Designated CSRs will be tasked with special projects to be completed on an “as needed” basis such as upgrading information into database for Billing, preparation of mass mailing information, responsibility for updating spreadsheets on various project data, follow up correspondence on bankruptcy filings, any and all form correspondence regarding issues that need to be addressed by the customer (transference of previous debts to open accounts, returned check notification, handle customer walk-in inquiries/problems etc).
7. Transfers incoming calls to other HEMC personnel only when requested by name.
8. Establishes individual working relationship with area agencies that provide energy assistance to our customers and provides information on these assistance programs as they may apply to our customer’s needs.
9. Uses information obtained through telephone contact with customers to advise supervisor of trends in customer concerns, suggestions, and possible new services or products.
10. Advises supervisor of ways to better handle customer calls through improvements to equipment, training, support materials, computer programs, and procedures.
11. Makes outgoing calls to survey customers on various product use or availability, services, etc.
12. Attends required Customer Service meetings before or after hours as needed.
13. Establishes a conference call with, or transfers calls to other HEMC personnel when necessary or upon request.
14. Handles all bills returned as “undeliverable” and researches reason for the return in addition to revising the mailing address on the account if needed. Enters a note on the account indicating the bill was returned and the reason.
15. Researches problems presented by Meter Technicians, Engineering Technicians, etc. and contacts customers when necessary to solve or obtain additional information.
16. Attends monthly Safety Meetings as scheduled by the Supervisor of Safety & Facilities.
In addition to the preceding list of responsibilities, other duties of equal or lesser skills may be assigned by the supervisor to meet emergencies or other operating needs.
- Job ID
- Member Affairs
- February 27, 2019
- March 13, 2019