Applying for Service
Due to the pandemic, our lobbies are closed, please call 1-800-241-4109 and our customer service representatives will be glad to assist you.
If you are applying for service at a new or existing location, you will need to first contact a Member Service Representative at 800-241-4109 to set up an account.
You may apply for service by calling our office between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Information we need when you apply:
- Complete name to be shown on account
- Address to which the bill is to be mailed
- Location address or service address and any information that will help identify your new service location. For example, the name of the last person to receive service at the location, a meter number, or the name of closet neighbor.
- Phone number where you can be reached during the day.
- You may be asked for identification, Social Security number, driver’s license number, name of closest relative, and name and address of your employer.
- To ensure that we can provide service to the correct location a 911 address, a meter number, last person to receive service at the location or the name of a close neighbor may be requested.
A deposit may be necessary when applying for service. We will use any of the following options to determine the amount of your residential deposit:
- Current Hart EMC account history
- Official letter of credit worthiness sent directly from your current utility provider
- A credit check through a credit rating agency
Commercial deposits will be required to be equivalent to an estimated bill of sixty (60) days.
If you have any additional questions, call us at 800-241-4109.
Additional Services We Offer